How To: Long Lasting Eye Make Up
As a person with hooded eyes, I have always had the problem of my eye makeup transferring to the top of my lid. My eyelids are extremely oily, which causes my eyeliner to slip and slide everywhere. It always annoyed me because I couldn’t figure out what exactly I was doing wrong. I mean, I own the Urban Decay Primer Potion, so why isn’t my makeup staying in place?
The problem was; the people I watch on YouTube don’t have hooded eyes, so I was learning from people who can just place eye primer on their lids and be done.
My solution - concealer and translucent powder.
I have had a giant container of e.l.f’s high definition powder sitting on my vanity for who knows how long. It wasn’t until a month or two ago when I started to actually use it, I started to notice that by the end of the day my foundation was still intact to my face.
That was when I got the idea that maybe I should try it out on my eyes. It was the best thing I have ever done.
- Start off with a clean base to work with.
- Use a concealer that matches your skin tone. I use Maybelline’s Master Conceal and I just put a small amount on the back of my hand.
- Use a concealer brush and dab it into the concealer. Avoid putting too much product onto the brush, because it might be a mess to blend out. You can build up more product as you go.
- Use your concealer brush and pat it onto your lid. Do this until your lid is covered.
- Find a clean brush or use your finger to blend the concealer out.
- Use a translucent powder, I use e.l.f’s high definition powder, but an eyeshadow that matches your skin tone can also work.
- Take a brush and pat the powder onto your lid.
- And you’re done (: